Monday, February 6, 2017

This Week's Dinner Menu



With the Superbowl happening this past Sunday, this week was a great week to stock up on...er...all the things we like to pretend like we don't really eat...except, uh, yeah, we eat those things.  Husband used an Ibotta deal, combined with price matching and a coupon to pick up some DiGiorno pizzas for $2.00 each, and another Ibotta deal got us 4-packs of egg rolls for $1, since they were also on sale. Potato chips were on sale as well, with a free container of dip thrown in, Mission tortilla chips were .50 (sale/coupon), and 2 liter sodas at Safeway were .50 each.  We decided to save our $10 credit at Pizza Hut that we were going to use on Superbowl Sunday and eat some of the stuff Husband got such great deals on.

In other shopping, we purchased celery for .98/bunch, leaf lettuce for .99/head and grapes for .98/lb.  Tomatoes were also .69/lb, red bell peppers 3/$1 cauliflower .88/lb, and green onions and cilantro were both .34/bunch.  There was a sale/coupon combo where he picked up Honey Bunches of Oats for 1.50 per box too.  We are very, very well stocked right now.

This week is going to be different for us.  Daughter has an overnight field trip for school, and Husband is going along too.  I am working both days that they are gone, so I'll be home to take care of the dogs and chickens, etc.  Here is our plan for this week's dinner menu:

M - teriyaki beef, rice, carrot-raisin salad, sliced oranges
T - tuna salad sandwiches, carrots and celery, sliced apples
W - chicken noodle soup, crackers, grapes
R - leftovers
F - macaroni and cheese, seasoned butter beans, garden salad, apple slices
S - homemade sesame chicken (trying a new recipe), steamed rice, cabbage-carrot stir fry, sliced oranges
S - nachos w/lettuce, tomato, salsa, beans, cheese, olives, sour cream

What are your plans for this week?

2 comments:

  1. I've made up a menu for this week, but I guess some of it will be played by ear. I'm thinking we will have guests over Wednesday night and if we do I will stick to the menu. If we don't, we will probably do some kind of chicken wrap or casserole to take full advantage of the chicken I am cooking today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I am this week with Thursday. I put 'leftovers' but if there are not any, we can do something simple and quick. I love chicken so many ways...I'm sure whatever you make will be yum!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I moderate all comments, so please be patient - I will get your comment posted just as soon as I can! (unless it's spam...then...sorry!)